Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Dom 9/11

After all this running around, I had to take it easy on Sunday. I went to Utrecht to meet up with my dear friend Mascha. We saw the Dom, that celebrates it's 750th birthday this year. In 1674 a huge storm blew away the mid-ship, which was never rebuild. Until this summer... That is: they have temporarily connected the famous Dom Tower (the largest church tower of the country) with what is left of the church using scaffold pipes. It gives you some idea of how huge this cathedral once was.


In the evening we went to see Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 9/11'. What can I say? Because my very first visit to New York City was in the week of that bizarre and dreadfull day in September 2001 and because this city is in my heart each day ever since, I had to see Moore's pamphlet. But we all know Michael Moore.... I share his points of view most of the time, but the ways he puts them on stage are hilarious at best, but mostly just ridiculous. And to be honest: just as dangerously manipulative as the big US networks he critisizes so much... By the way, I'm going back to NYC this September. I'm very much looking foreward to that.
 Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Divine Sir O regrets he has to disagree with Gg. Manipulation will not help the masses.

Mary Parsons said...

You also need to find and watch Farenhype 911. It is a film that largely exposes Michael Moore's outright lies, manipulation and distortion of facts. It is not just a disservice, it is criminal. I was concerned when I watched Moore's film, but more concerned after viewing Farenhype. Anyone professing to be a journalist in any way shape or firm cannot and must not portray information in this manner. The free press is what keeps the government on their toes, but lies and maniupulation only throw a screw in the works, and causes even the trusted media to be called into question.

Mary Parsons said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.