Saturday, April 28, 2007

Monsters

At first I was a little annoyed when they started these massive roadworks right under my window yesterday evening. I was just home from a long day at work, I was tired, and all I wanted was laying quietly in bed with something to read. And now these giant machines were making this terrible noise, thereby stinking as hell. This was no way to start a weekend.
But after a while I got intrigued by these monsters. How they were burning off the old asphalt with steaming violence. Showing no mercy whatsoever.
I watched them for a while, then went to sleep with the buzzing sound of their roaring motors outside around me.
I will have to deal with them for the next couple of days. When I woke up early this morning, they weren't there. Now, only two hours later and still pretty early, they are back to work again.

No comments: