Saturday, January 22, 2005

Another week


This is my mom and dad. I took this photo a couple of weeks ago when we went walking in the dunes. For my mother it was the longest walk in months, since she got a new hip in May last year. She's doing great now. By the way, my plan to take her to her old neighbourhood last week worked well. She was delighted. She kept on talking about her childhood memories and we had a great dinner at this very nice restaurant. It's good to see her like that. I see her worrying too often.

About this new year: still so far so good. Sorry that I keep coming back with this subject, maybe it's just me counting my blessings before things turn bad. Well, I actually got a raise this week! Can you believe that? Just a few months before a lot of people at my work and maybe me will get fired, my boss gives me a raise. As a 'token of appreciation', he told me. A humble 'thank you' on my side was in order, don't you think? Heehee!

It's going well with the concerts too. Yesterday I saw a very odd concert of a Dutch band called Solo. The audience had to wear headphones in order to hear the band play... ! Tonight I'm going to see the cd-presentation of Haarlem's own Kirsten (check her out on www.kirstenonline.nl ). Tomorrow I'm going to see a double-concert of the French band Encre and the Danish Kitty Wu. And than Monday I'm going to my big hero Elvis Costello (check your local newspaper for my interview with him...)! What a week.

Love, Richard



Posted by Hello

No comments: