Sunday, January 16, 2005

Taking my mom down memory lane

My mother has turned 72 last Wednesday. She likes to joke and turn the figures around, saying she just went 27. Good hey? Unfortunately I couldn’t make it to her birthday. I had to work. I was at the office in the day time, and in the evening I went to see Green Day in Amsterdam for a review. Wow, they were good! They really put a smile on my face. And two days later I was even laughing out loud because of them. That was when I saw what some of my colleagues had written about the concert. Pretty hilarious. Making an album with a strong protest against George W. Bush and still having fun on stage – that was a bit too confusing wasn’t it? Heehee!

Anyway, I still regret that I couldn’t be at my mothers birthday, but I promised her I would make it up to her this weekend. So I arranged a little surprise-dinner for her – with my dad and I – tonight at a very nice restaurant in the neighbourhood she grew up in. Although the restaurant is new, It’s going to be a little trip down memory lane, I reckon, and I know she will love that. Before we go to the restaurant we’ll go walk the streets she used to play in. You know, as a little girl she had her initials carved in one of the bricks of the house she grew up in. And they are still there! That will bring back some memories, don’t you think? And we can share them over a very nice meal. That will be pretty good, I’m sure.

About 2005… is it me or did the year really started of with a gentle smile? I still don’t know what this year is going to bring, but I beginning to hear a little voice inside and I think it’s telling me that there’ll be good things. But hey, maybe it’s just me enjoying today's and yesterday's sunshine, right?

No comments: