Thursday, April 20, 2006

My butt hurts

Laying floors, carrying cupboards, cleaning: it’s all a bit different then what I do for a living. I can’t say I didn’t have fun these last two days. And I’m actually proud of the laminate floor that I installed in L.’s bedroom. But I must confess: MY BUTT HURTS.
Muscular ache that is. You don’t get that too much as a writer. Maybe I should do this more often – working round the house.
Although really, carrying heavy furniture is not for me. I love L., but she can’t expect me to climb down a bendy staircase with a sofa in one hand and refrigerator in the other. I’m just not build for that.
I know there are guys like that. There were two of them wednesdaynight and, yes, they did carry all L.’s heavy stuff down the stairs.
But I installed the laminate floor! And my butt aches!

No comments: