Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Painting the chairs

Finally I got the see L.’s new home. She (and me, in a way...) is going to move to another part of the building. Did I tell you she’s living in a former psychiatric hospital?(!) The place has got huge rooms. Her current bedroom for example is only a few inches smaller than my whole appartment, which has three rooms and a bathroom and is really not something to pity me for.
Anyway, she’s moving from the loft to the second floor. Which has: an enormous kitchen (she didn’t have that upstairs), an enormous livingroom with large windows, a bathroom of her own (didn’t have that), a large bedroom (in which she can finally install her kingsize waterbed!!!), a spare bedroom, and a hallway. In one word: Great!
The place badly needs a clean-up though. And we need to paint.
Saturdaynight, after L. finished working, at about 4:30 in the morning, we headed to her place and I got a tour. Our plan was to do some cleaning and painting the next morning. But, eh, we never got to that. All excited about the new place we opened a bottle of wine and drank it, opened a botlle of port and drank it, and talked and talked and got all cuddly until we finally fell asleep at... 12.30 PM.
I don’t know what time we got up again. I do know that when we did, we both suffered from, well, a bit of a headache. So much for Sunday.
Monday though was working day. I installed new locks on the door, we cleaned a bit and we painted the new kitchen chairs! This place has a real good feel.
Unfortunately I had to leave for home that night because of work next day. I got back by bus. Before going home I stepped by at my Favourite Bar where I found Peter who was just finishing celebrating his birthday. He wasn’t too sober anymore. We drank a couple of last ones and then I went for my bed.

No comments: