Monday, February 26, 2007

The King of Available Light is no longer

.......................................u2 - photo: lex van rossen

Lex van Rossen is no longer. We all knew he didn't have much time left, but still, I didn't think his death would come that soon. He died last Saturday, 57 years young. I got the message yesterday.
Lex was one of Holland's finest photographers and, to me as to a lot of people, one of the finest people to work with.
With his camera he captured some of the most memorable concerts I saw as as music journalist. Thereby freezing a few of my dearest musical memories. As he did for others. Never using a flashlight. What made him a true 'King of Available Light'.

I will always remember the little get togethers at festivals like Lowland's and North Sea Jazz.

Wherever you are now Lex, I wish you light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Een klasse apart, die Lex.
Mooi gezegd, Richard.