Sunday, October 14, 2007

We consider going Dutch

I’ve been asking myself quite some time now: why is this blog in English? I do like to write in English but off course my native language is Dutch. It’s true that I consider the internet as a medium without national boundaries that requires a language that can be understood all around the globe. But on the other hand, let’s face it: the amount of readers of this blog from outside the Netherlands have been decreasing dramatically over the last few years.
So maybe it is better to focus more on the readers from inside this beautiful country along the Northsea coast.
Now I couldn’t make such a big change without consulting YOU. YOU are still the last chosen person of the year, remember?

So tell me, do you want me to:
- keep this blog in English
- change to Dutch
- go bilingual

You must know that I don’t really believe in democracy and I’m truly convinced that referenda are for losers, so I honestly cannot promise you that the majority will be heared after this. I mean, I have to be considerate to my very trusty readers from Wilmington (UK), even if they are a chanceless minority – I do. But still, let’s give it a try, okay?

No comments: