Sunday, July 23, 2006

Google Earth

Have you not yet got your own copy of Google Earth? Oh, please do get it. It’s amazing.
I can spend hours (well... lots of minutes) traveling around the world in my own virtual satellite. With childish pleasure. I flew from Haarlem to Amsterdam following the railway line. And believe me or not, that was fun!
The other day I visited my friend Gg in East Harlem, NYC. The thrill I got when saw the view of the dead end street she lives in. I even saw a glimpse of her garden!
She must have sensed my little visit. Just a few hours later she sent me the sweetest message. Yes, my dear Gg, I will come to you and NYC. For real.

get your free copy of Google Earth at: http://earth.google.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that Google Earth, all though very cool, and actually a bit scary as far as Big Brother watching us, is not very up to date. I have visited my house in East Harlem, and the image still has a pool in the backyard, which as you know Richard, has been gone for quite some time now. Almost two years. it still is very fun though, in a peeping tom kind of a way.