Thursday, May 24, 2007

Train to... (Re-introducing: Dogma)

Whatever happened to Dogma? Personally I was not that impressed by Thomas Vinterberg's Festen (yes, that was me!), but the idea of making films according to the rules of Dogma 95 was very interesting, wasn't it. I just checked the list of Dogma films on the official Dogma 95 website and according to that list Plymouth from Brooklyn based director Steve Loff is the last Dogma film made so far. But you try find any information about that film, I cannot even tell you what year it was made. ImdB never heard of that film anyway and Steve Loff's resume isn't that impressive either.
Sooooo.... I was thinking, looking at my new Sony Ericcson W810 i with videocamera.... why not make the first cellphone-made Dogma movie? And I did. It is still in post-production now, but I would like to offer the readers of this weblog the opportunity to have an unique early sneak preview.
The film is called Train to... Now isn't that a thriller title? There is kinda like a cliffhanger already in it, you see!

Now I would like to say some words to critics that might want to point out here that this is not the first film made with a cellphone. Well.. duh! I know. You Tube is full with it. But no one ever claimed his cellphone-made film was a Dogma film, right? And no one made a cellphone Dogma film AND a spectacular Dogma Cellphone Competition to go with that, right? Exactly!

Speaking of this competition (Lars von Trier is going to hate himself not coming up with this idea himself): everyone is free to enter, just tell me:

a. Where was Train to... taken? (I need to know the exact location)
b. Where is the train in the movie going to?
c. What size are the shoes you see in the movie?

All entrees will be invited to the worldpremiere of Train to... on a later to be announced date and place. The winner will get a surprisingly appropriate price.




(Train to... is probably not to be seen soon in a cinema near you)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were going to Alkmaar, your shoesize is around 42 and it was somewhere between Heemstede and Leiden?

Steve Loff said...

Hey Richard - Steve Loff here. Can you help me improve my resume? Plymouth is Dogma registered as of April 2007, and is currently in development.

You can check out samples of what I do at www.gopicturesnyc.com.

I've got projects in development with Warner Indie, amongst others.

Act like u know. Keep up the good work - love the blog. And if you're ever looking for a filmmaker to collaborate with, hit me up through the website.

Peace.

SL