Sunday, September 02, 2007

Dreamer

You may say I’m dreamer. But I’m not the only one...
I guess there’s all types of dreamers. You have the kind that dream of world peace and equal rights and chances for all human beings. The kind that dream of the world to become one. They are the ‘heroic dreamers’.
I am a dreamer, but not like that. My dreams are not meant as a statement. They don’t symbolize a vision on a better future for everyone. They are not flags to be carried on some sort of battlefield, nor contain ethical guidelines to become a better person.
I’m no John Lennon and no Martin Luther King for that matter.
My dreams benefit only a very small world: mine.

So: You may say I’m selfish . But I’m not the only one…

There’s more of us, I’m sure. And I don’t think my dreams will hurt anyone. At least I hope so. Because my dreams are only meant to bend reality and make things right or at least bearable for me. To tie all good and pretty things, that in real life I find shattered everywhere and so often get lost between impossibilities, responsibilities, securities and fear, closely together so they can be enjoyed as one lovely and magical picture – a fantasy as you like.
That might make me a foolish dreamer or a dreamer without a cause. But that is who I am.

Sometimes the dream gets smashed, though. Reality got too close and that is, as everyone knows, deadly to all dreams. I usually try to fix the dream then, apparently out of some strange and almost self destructive urge to endlessly hang on to it.
Until there is really not much left of it. Not enough to hang on to, that is.
Those are the bad times.
When they have arrived, for dreamers like me there’s not much else to do than to find another dream to survive.

Keep on dreaming!

No comments: