Monday, August 27, 2007

Accidents will happen (With update)

I had a slow day so far. And I have my day off, so there shouldn’t be a problem. Apart from the fact that I have so much work to get done before my so desired vacation.
I had a pretty good start. I worked a weekend-shift last weekend and today I got up at a very reasonable time to go to the office and return the company’s mobile phone. I remember thinking: Now I got the whole day for me to just get a lot of stuff done. And that was a good thought!
Maybe it was the fact that, while returning that damn phone, one of my co-workers very casually asked me if I had been boozing the other night. No I Had Not! But... I mean... I did feel a little bit tired. And now I felt like a wreck!

Anyway I spend most I my day doing everything and nothing around the house and behind my computer not getting any work done. My mind had a good reason for wandering off, I must add. And the reason was mailable too… (Does this make any sense?!! Sorry.)

Then, when I finally felt ready to get busy, accidents happened. Right under my work room window. Traffic accidents that is.
First an old lady on a mobility scooter got hit by a car at the crossing on the right side of my house. She was badly injured I believe. A trauma helicopter had to come to get her to a hospital.
Just three hours later there was another hit, at the crossing left of me. A moped ran into a little taxi van.
How am I supposed to get any work done when people keep running into cars all the time right under my window? O sure, the mind is wandering off again…













Update: the old lady did not survive her injuries.

No comments: