Sunday, December 02, 2007

And the winner is…

Me!!! I bought myself the Canon EF-S 17-85 mm f4-5.6 IS USM. After hours of thorough investigation I decided that given my budget this was the best lens for me. I thereby found a big photoshop in Rotterdam that had this lens temporarily for sale for only 349 euro, which is 100 to 150 euros less then anywhere else. On top of that Canon will give me a 30 euro refund when I send them the barcode and my receipt within three weeks.
And what a great lens it is! It is raining cats and dogs today, but soon I’ll show you what this baby brings.
After my trip to Rotterdam yesterday I helped E moving again. That’s sort of an annual thing, really.
After that, I talked to a guy who told me everything about brewing beer. Not that I wanted to know really. He was only to tell me about a certain building on the Spaarne riverside that used to be a brewery, because I’m planning to do a story on it. Unfortunately he couldn’t tell me a lot more about that building than I already knew and I guess I’ve forgotten close to everything he told me about that history of beer brewing.
As I’m writing this I am still soaking wet because of a job I had to do earlier today in Schalkwijk. All the way to and from that, while riding my bike, I kept telling myself: ‘You are saving the environment! Al Gore will be proud of you!’
I have exactly one hour before I have to get back into the rain again. What can one do? But hey, I just got the nicest text message: someone got me a present (don't know what)! And it’s not even Christmas…

No comments: