Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry X-mas

Well, I guess we are entering what is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year. Let me wish everyone a lovely Christmas. With dreams coming true and everything.
Because I won’t be home too much these Holidays and even out of the country with the turn of the year (I’ll be in Berlin with friends) I wasn’t sure whether to buy a tree or not. Finally I did and I even got some extra lights in it. And what a good choice it was. Because he is on my balcony it’s not easy to get a good picture, but you get the idea. Isn’t he really nice (T.)?

Of course no one can beat the Christmas tree that’s is on the ‘Grote Markt’ this year. Luckily the morans that pulled off some branches didn’t do too much damage. He is truly beautiful, especially in the evenings with the lights shining brightly.
The other day my parents and I went to have a look at it together. I told my mom that she and my father should go see it, because I know she likes these sort of things. Of course my mother responded immediately by declaring that ‘it would be ever so nice’ if I was to join them on that. So the three of us went in town for a cup of coffee.
And that was actually pretty good. Especially considering the fact that my father was having a really bad time in hospital only a few weeks ago.

What will Christmas bring this year? I don’t know.
My favorite pub was close to burning down just two days ago. I wasn't there that night (I was... well let’s not get into that...) and was woken up Friday morning by someone texting me that there had been a fire at my hangout. My own newspaper reported that the damage was big enough to keep the place closed for at least a couple of days.
A few hours later I had my friend E. on the phone who works there. She told me that things looked a lot better than was suggested in the paper. The cafe would be open as nothing had happened. Was there a Christmas angel involved?
I myself will spend the first day of Christmas with my parents at my sister’s. For the second day B. from Wilmington invited me to have a nice Christmas meal with some friends at his place. I’m looking forward to that.

Furthermore: I will be dreaming Christmas dreams for sure. And I suggest you do the same. Merry X-mas!

No comments: