Friday, January 12, 2007

I'm digital

I got a new camera! A digital SLR! It's Canon's brand new EOS 400D. I haven't had much time to even look at it, let alone play with it, but still it is obvious to me that I got myself a very nice present.

Although there was one moment I almost regretted buying it. It was just after I paid. I bought this camera at an online shop in Rotterdam, because they had the best offer. Still, it's not a very cheap camera and I am not Donald Trump. So for me it was quite an expense.
Anyway, right after I placed my order I left my study to go to the living room, passing the bathroom where at that moment my washing machine is spinning. Then, from the corner of my eye, I see that from under the machine there's water streaming to the other end of the bathroom...

What exactly happened I still don't know, but somehow one of the drum vanes was torn loose with such force that it made a tear in the outer tub. Ouch! That's a biggie...
I was afraid that there was nothing else to do than to buy a new one. But I just got myself a far too expensive camera to have any money left for a new washer!!! With little hope I called a repairman who at first was indeed not very positive on the chances the leak could be fixed. But that was because he assumed that my washing machine had a plastic outer tub. While everyone knows that a Zanker CF 2056 has a metal tub!
So he gave me a tip: I can try to fix the problem with kneadable metal. So for 5 euro I just got some Bison Steel Epoxy. Tomorrow I will play the role of repairman. I hope it works. But I will show you the pictures anyway!

2 comments:

kix said...

dan wil ik ook een foto van hoe je het hebt gerepareerd!

Richard said...

eh... oke...