Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sweet dreams

I had the weirdest dream last night. I woke up a little dizzy because of it. Let me try to get some loose pieces together.

First off all there was D., who literally sucked off the thumb of my right hand (!). That caused some stress because my right hand is also my writing hand and I do write a lot (and not only behind a computer). D. stayed very calm about it though.

For those who are curious: according to this dream a sucked off thumb appears to be a very strange experience. It's not bleedy or really painful or anything, not at all in fact. It looks very clean, with just two slightly scraped surfaces on either side. The main problem is really that you are stuck with a loose body part. I kept it in my mouth for a while. That is what you read about, don't you: that you have to keep it in your mouth to enlarge the chance of succesfully sewing it back on...

Anyway, for reasons I don’t know I temporarily stayed in a small and messy apartment building that had some likeness of my old home at the Amsterdamse Vaart, where I lived some ten years ago, and I do remember there where some people I knew back then - like JL’s old girlfriend T - walking around in this dream.
It became violent when I had broken in someone’s house carrying a gun. I remember being mad at somebody. When I almost got caught there was a shooting. And I think I killed someone.
I flew and found myself on a ferry. On board there was a mix of people I know from the past and present. Sitting on a bench on the deck of the ship, I was trying to hide a bag with two guns in it. To my surprise I had my thumb sewed on again, showing only a vague scar. My right hand did feel a little numb, but it was okay, I think…

2 comments:

kix said...

Could it be Oeps is a little thumbsucker after all?

Richard said...

Now that is a scary thought!