Sunday, June 24, 2007

A New Neighbour

I had already taken a few sips of a very hot but good cup of coffee when I suddenly felt like I was being watched. But by whom?
Okay, I don’t always lock the front door at night, but I was pretty sure that by now I would have noticed if someone had sneaked in, since I was out of bed for at least an hour and my house isn’t that big.
I looked around. There was no one on the balcony. Oeps, my cat, was nowhere to be seen - probably still asleep. Still I felt like someone was watching every single move I made.

And then I saw her. I had a new neighbour. She had made her home just outside my living room window and now she was sitting proudly in the middle of her self-build palace of sticky threads observing her new surroundings. I have no idea where she comes from and no clue about how long she's going to stay, but she didn't look like too much trouble to me. So despite the fact that I am not that neighbourly in general and because I was in a very good mood I raised my cup of coffee with a big smile and wished her 'a very good catch!'.



This weekend I am kind of stuck to home because of my weekend shift. I have to be stand by. Yesterday that meant not much more than just waiting for the alarm telephone to ring, which happened only ones and it didn’t cost a lot to find out that the alarm was false.
Being more or less forced to spend a day around the house I took the opportunity to seriously listen to some music for a whole afternoon, evening and even a part of the night. Complete albums this time, some of which I hadn’t heard in years.
It was pretty good actually, something I should give myself time for more often. Just me, some burning candles, a beer and... Music.

Here’s what I played:

Inside In/Inside OutThe Kooks (2006)
Pretty In BlackRaveonettes (2005)
The FutureheadsThe Futureheads (2004)
We Have SoundTom Vek (2005)
Big CityZita Swoon (2007)
Derdang DerdangArchie Bronson Outfit (2006)
Love Is HereStarsailor (2001)
Beautiful FreakEels (1996)
The Triumphs & Travails Of Orphan MaeLaura Veirs (2005)
Is This Desire?PJ Harvey (1998)
LowDavid Bowie (1977)
Meat Is MurderThe Smiths (1985)
OK ComputerRadiohead (1997)

No comments: