Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy songs

Regular readers of this blog - I know there's only a few, but I cherish them - will have noticed that I was a little bluesy these last couple of weeks. With a reason. Something that had become very good to me, something I had grown very attached to, suddenly stopped - out the blue. I knew it was something that was not very likely to last for a very long time, but still... I didn't see this ending coming.
Now there's a lot you can do when something like this happens. And then again there's not.
I made a few mistakes that I regret, but I'm sure will be forgiven.

There's also the music. There is always the music.
There is beautiful sad music, that will go with the mood you are in at times like these - like Elvis Costello's untouchable I want you, or The beautiful ones by Prince. There's Nothing compares to you, beautifully performed by Sinead O'Connor. Or what to think about Joy Divisions Love will tear us apart? Or Jacques Brel's Ne me quite pas? Wow.
But no. I'm going for happy songs this time. All together, I had almost seven months of very precious time. And a lot to keep close to my heart. It started out of nowhere and it became something that I can only be happy about. Despite the fact that it had to end a bit sooner than I had wanted.
I give you sixteen of my happy songs randomly- songs that will get me happy, no matter what circumstances. All dedicated to the one that made me smile and feel good for a lot more days then we had ever imagined.
Ready? Do play them, when you feel sad. They're not necessarily all very good songs, but that is not the point.

-Moondance, Van Morrison
-Stuck in the Middle, Stealers Wheel
-Dancing in the Moonlight, Thin Lizzy
-New York Telephone Conversation, Lou Reed
-Kodachrome, Paul Simon
-Beat Surrender, The Jam
-Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen
-Dancing Barefoot, Patty Smith
-Beat Crazy, Joe Jackson
-Let them all talk, Elvis Costello
-Don't stop me now, Queen
-Do you want to hold me, Bow Wow Wow
-I.G.Y, Donald Fagen
-Kids in America, Kim Wilde
-Panic, The Smiths
-Hanging on the telephone, Blondie

I got a lot more, but you got the idea. Take care.

(Big kiss 4 D. - U'll be in my heart no matter what, that's a promise. <<<<)
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: