Sunday, July 22, 2007

First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin!

I'm ready for take off! Well, I still have to wait a little before I can go, but booking two vacations on one day does give a thrill.
Two? That's right, two!

I just booked my flight to New York in September to begin with. I'll be there two whole weeks. I can hardly wait to be back in the city
of my heart. Not in the least because of my two friends Gg and Roger

There was quite some shocking news from Manhattan the other week, did you hear about that? An old steam pipe exploded nearby Grand Central Terminal. I did't think too much of it when I first heard of it, until I saw the pictures on the New York Times website. What a blast! One man even died in the event, having a heart attack. It must have been a pretty scary site.


Let's hope the other pipes will last, especially in September...

My other trip will be with a couple of friends. We decided to spend New Year's Eve in Berlin. We won't stay too long, I just booked us rooms for only three days. Although I'm considering to stay a little longer myself if possible.

Anyway, there is reason enough to play that old Leonard Cohen song out loud, right?

Is there any more news? Hmmm, let me think... D. called last Friday and it was good to hear her voice again. I didn't hear from her too much these last couple of weeks.
We didn't talk long. She had a very exciting story about going under cover at the Scientology Church to do a journalistic report. One day later she gave me a message that she wouldn't go through with it though. Maybe for the better. I don't know if she thought her plans through very well, and it is certainly not without risks to try and pull a trick on these guys.
I still miss D. to be honest. Especially on days like these, when I'm all excited about something. But she prefers to be somewhere else, so what can one do? That's her choice.

More? Not much. I got a new hat. I lost two in just five weeks. This one comes from a internet store in Finland. Although the label inside says: 'Made in Nepal'...

No comments: