Sunday, August 05, 2007

Cocooning

Once in a while I have to be just by myself. Having me around me can be handful and then I can’t have anyone else around. This weekend is turning out to be like that. My thoughts are with a lot of people that I truly care for, but I will be with only me. I’m cocooning.
And off course this is after some week. First of all there were these three far too nice evenings in the city with too many nice people (some of them that I hadn’t seen in ages) and far too much to drink.
There was Monday, when all of a sudden Bies turned up in Koops. He just got back from a vacation and looked just like people look when they come home after a nice three weeks stay in France. On top of that he introduced us to his new girlfriend, who was very nice. So although we were clearly good to go home, we sat, drank and talked. After that I found myself with Peter in De Waag where we met Nuel. And again there was talking and drinking. It must have been near to midnight when I realized that I completely forgot about having dinner. How did I get home anyway?
There was Tuesday, when I went to Koops for just one beer and to bring L. the photo’s of her cats that I promised her. All too soon it became clear that one beer would become a lot more, when again Bies came round and then Renee and Hakim and even Wiebe Hartog, who is an old friend of Lennaert Nijgh and who I hadn’t seen in I think two years.
There was Wednesday when I had dinner with my parents and had a long talk with my father about his involvements in the rescue of some very fortunate people that survived the disaster with the Neutron in New Guinea fifty years ago.
There was Thursday when I just went out in the city to have a quick drink with lovely E. but soon after that found myself having a very good time drinking till we dropped with M.A. and my colleague and friend C.
Earlier this week I got some very sad news from my dearest M. and ever since I feel bad that I cannot be there for her, although I know that she knows I’m there for her in thought and heart.
And off course there was D. who was on my mind.

All and all that took a lot of energy.

So I spend my day quietly - doing some groceries, some reading, sitting on my balcony, doing some thinking and making plans. And that was pretty good. I’m thinking about throwing a nice birthday party next month when I’m turning 38. And I’m planning something nice for my parents next week. I also thought of some stories I want to do for the paper the upcoming days. I’m reloading and I think that is exactly what I’m going to do tomorrow. For now: I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee Richard,

It was nice to meet you too!!!

Ik heb je site (met wat omwegen...) gevonden en wil je laten weten dat ik heb genoten van al je verhalen. Ook vind ik dat je mooie foto's maakt.

See you......

Conny (je weet wel, die uit het prachtige Almere ;-) )

Richard said...

Hee, dankjewel!