Wednesday, August 22, 2007

And counting

It is the last straw that breaks the camel’s back, they say. Well it is the last couple of weeks before my vacation that bring me in a shitty mood. I feel tired, I don’t want to go to work in the morning, I can’t stand the taste of the coffee from that damn machine anymore, and I’m really fed up with all those hey-I’m-just-back-from-a-relaxing-vacation-and let me-tell-you-all-about-it faces that I see everywhere around me.
But I’m almost there. There’s only ten more working days to go. And less than eighteen-and-a-half days before I will get on my plane to NYC. O yeah, I’m counting.

In between there is my birthday, which I decided to not let go by just like that this year. Although that gives me also headaches, because I really just want to invite only a few people for a small get together, but now I’m worried others will feel left out.
I’ll have to think about how to trigger that one.
There will be one very strict rule: no co-workers at my birthday this time. Not that I don’t like them but my birthday will be the first day of my vacation and I don’t want to hear, see or scent anything work related that day. Let that be my birthday gift to me.

Is work that bad Richard, I never heard you complain that strongly about your job? Hmmm, I hear you.
No, it is not all bad. I still enjoy the series that I’m doing on the Spaarne river. I’m walking downstream and write about the things I come across on my way. We weren’t sure on whether to do only a part of the river or the river as a whole. I’m glad that this week my boss agreed on going all the way. To the sluice of Spaarndam that is!
Today my series brought me to a small biological dynamic farm called Vrij (=Free) Waterland. It’s used for educational purposes by an elementary/secundary school nearby.
I must admit that it is far from bad to find yourself strolling through blackberry- and raspberry bushes, fields with leeks and bean bushes and apple trees. There was even a bee house.
Tonite I'm having a wonderful salad with biological dynamic grown tomatos and cucumber. So..

But oooh, how that even more makes you long for a nice vacation away from it all… O yeah, I'm so counting.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard,

Ik wens je een gezellige verjaardag en een fantastisch reis naar NY toe!!!
Enjoy and have fun!!

Gr. Conny